Sports gambling is a high stakes game that many take serious and very serious and on the other hand many do not take it all that serious and do it as a pastime of just for fun. Gambling comes in all shapes and sizes, some do it in a big way and some play $5 a game. It is what it is to many different people all across the United States. Sports gambling is a money business and like any other business endeavor you must take care of your money. No matter if this is a hobby for you, the importance of keeping good records and knowing where your money goes should be a top priority.
“Manage your money like a pro and you will win like a pro”.
Rule # 1: Manage your sportsbook portfolio.
Sharp players have several online bookmakers and there is a good reason for this, there are several good reasons for this.
- Lines and odds very most of the time, you want the best available at all times. In this business a penny saved is a penny earned.
- Wagering options. You must look for the best options in the business and when one bookie doesn’t offer what you are looking for another one will.
- Props and exotic bets. You want to play props because it can win you a pile of money and the lines can be weak. Take advantage of the different props that various sportsbooks offer.
- Hedging, you may get into trouble from time to time and need to hedge. Having more than one bookie will allow you to do so.
- Have at least a couple of bookies for cash and a couple for bonus. You will most likely want to use one bookie for cashing out at any time. With a bonus account you may have existing rollover that will not allow you to cash out immediately.
Rule # 2: Set a budget.
Setting a budget is the most important plan you can have as a gambler. If you want to be successful, then you will set a very solid budget for yourself and stick with it. Never veer off course with the budget or before you now it, there is no budget.
- Organize your budget by sports and set an amount per week that you will spend on each sport.
- You know how much you can spend on sports gambling, you set this amount.
- Never chase a bed bet. We all have a bet go wrong from time to time and nothing hurts like what seems to be a bad beat, but nothing hurts worse than a bad beat only to chase it with another loss. Do not chase, if you do, you have most likely gone over your budget
Rule # 3: Be disciplined with how you bet.
You have a bankroll, you have a budget and you know how much you can spend each week. Now you must find a pattern that works for you.Example: Bet first fives in baseball but never chase with second halves and always play the total.
Basketball Betting – NBA Live Lines and another Prop or Two
Betting on sports is a lot of fun if you are organized and spend-thrift. You must be or you will go broke very quickly. You must handicap the games that you wish to bet on. There are great sports handicapping websites available so be sure to check them out. Sharp player get advice from other sharp players. Nobody is successful alone. Find a game adviser site that offers a free trial and compare their picks.